if you just got here, start at the beginning. it's worth it

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Shrimp on the Barbie

So as I mentioned earlier, most of my friends here are fellow exchange students as all but a few local students have been cold towards my attempts at friendship. That’s okay though because I have a great group of friends here.

I guess I figured that I’ve been using a lot of “we” recently rather than “I” I should talk about who this “we” really is.

I guess also that you could say it takes a certain personality to be an exchange student. It would seem on the surface that you would have to have an open mind and be prepared to reevaluate much of what you thought was given. You need to take the effort to appreciate the local environment rather than just breezing through it insisting on English only, experience instead of just seeing what’s to be seen.

This is what I thought, but as no arbitrary group of people is perfectly uniform in nature, Unfortunately, I currently hold it in my best interests to hold my tongue, as least in part, in regard to what I would like to say.

More to come after the fact.

Copyright © 2009 James Philip Jee
This work may not be reproduced by any means without express permission of the author.

No comments:

Post a Comment